As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
We’re looking for a Buyer/Planner at our world headquarters in Olathe, KS to be responsible for managing the acquisition of assigned commodities and products. Must drive performance to meet world-class levels in supplier Quality, Cost, Delivery and Service, (QCDS).
- Responsible for supplier development in the areas of supplier partnering agreements and QCDS
- Manage the planning, ordering and delivery of all components, products and services to ensure on-time delivery across all levels of the organization
- Closely monitor inventory levels of assigned commodities and products to maximize inventory turns and minimize exposure to obsolescence
- Review, analyze, develop and negotiate multiple procurement contracts in support of GARMIN’s master Production Schedule (MPS)
- Prepare cost price analysis for various supplier partnering agreements and projects
- Review and compile inventory costing records, such as Purchase Price Variance (PPV), scrap and rework costs
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality, and Marketing to develop new sources of supply in support of new product development
- Knowledge of department processes and procedures, work instructions and training requirements for the Purchasing Department in support of ISO9000/QS9000
- Continued improvement to ensure departmental goals and metrics are met
Due to the amount of resources and expense exhausted in training for this position, a minimum of one year from the start of this position will be required before an associate is eligible for a job transfer.
- Associates degree in a related Operations field plus three years relevant experience, or Bachelors degree in a related field
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRPII)/Master Production Schedule (MPS) process
- Must have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to work across functional and organizational lines
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Management, Operations or Material preferred or equivalent experience
- Certified in Production & Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
- 3+ years experience in a electronics manufacturing or repair purchasing
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing requirements and ability to asses supplier capabilities
- Comfortable with the use of computers and other electronic mediums including and understanding of work processing and spreadsheet software
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lawrence, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A