The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Detention Office r . As a Detention Officer, you will be responsible for the secure and safe transportation, guarding and escorting, of detainees from specified sites to designated points. Detention Officers duties include, but are not limited to, armed transportation services, escorting detainees to and from transport vehicles, and monitoring detainees in your custody.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
- Conduct pat-down searches of detainees; ensure that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a facility and while in a vehicle; ensure that all paperwork is obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate destinations
- Inspect and prepare transportation vehicles for daily operation requirements; perform pre- and post-trip inspection of vehicles; fill out required paperwork to report any damage or defects
- Safe operation of vehicles; ensures that all safety and legal measures are followed at all time while transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to compose reports
- Capability of understanding and applying written and verbal orders, rules, and regulations
- Ability to maintain poise and self-control during situations that involve mental stress; such as fires, explosions, civil disturbances, and building evacuations
- Ability to interpret printed rules and regulations, detailed written orders, training instructions and materials
- The ability to greet and deal tactfully with the general public
- Exercise good judgment, courage, alertness, an even temperament, and render satisfactory performance through knowledge of his/her position responsibilities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A