We have a position for a Relief Cargo Screener operating with our prestigious, household name client.
The position requires primarily the operation of various X-Ray machines to assist in processing large volumes of freight in a busy Warehouse environment.
Additional duties would include Gatehouse Operation, Aircraft Search & Guard and other Aviation Security tasks.
- Maintain focus and awareness within an environment containing numerous distractions, people, and noise.
- Responsible for using X-Ray machines to identify dangerous objects in cargo and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
- Work within a demanding environment, which includes noise from alarms, machinery, people, distractions, time pressure and the requirement to identify and locate potentially life-threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction.
- Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
- Required to perform various tasks such as: operation of x-ray machines, , physical inspection of cargo and lifting and carrying freight.
- A calm, organized and logical approach
- Must be physically fit due to Manual Handling
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise and a proactive approach.
- Physical Demands/Working Environment
- A good standard of education
- Tolerate moderate to loud level of noise in work environment
- Physical abilities (e.g. lifting and carrying freight, bending, reaching, stooping, squatting, standing and walking and identifying objects)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to follow procedures
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A