G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security solutions. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Engineer to join our new site-based engineering team at a High Security site-based Bristol. The position is permanent, full time, working 40hrs per week with an option to work remotely and on site.
The project will involve working the maintenance and monitoring of an on-premises security system. You will be responsible for resolving faults and meeting response/fix SLA’s and provide support to G4S engineers and contractors. You must have excellent knowledge with Microsoft OS (Server & Desktop) including Microsoft Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy Management.
- To provide timely and accurate remote telephone & remote system responses to site based technical issues and resolve as many system problems as possible without the need to send an engineer
- To meet customer compliance and certification by following strict and rigorous policies and change control procedures for any / all system changes.
- To maintain accurate and timely records of all technical issues in the company fault recording system.
- To conduct the planning, testing, installation and rollout of system updates (Servers, Clients, Network, Applications, etc..) on pre production and production.
- To complete system checks that include hardware, performance, configuration, asset inventory and database backups.
- To investigate, troubleshoot and resolve system faults that fall under 1st – 3rd support tasks and to liaise with software/hardware suppliers to resolve issues.
- To maintain accurate, real time records of site based interactions in Tesseract Service Centre providing customers and other G4S employees with all relevant information in a timely manner (call log numbers, progress updates etc.)
- To be a point of escalation for system issues and unplanned Headend faults.
- Provide technical reference services (i.e. technical manual lookup) to field based engineers on IT equipment and a range of 3rd party Access Control, Video Surveillance, Visitor Management and Intruder Systems.
- To support and maintain the infrastructure of a Microsoft Hyper-V environment, including VM’s, SAN solutions and system applications..
- Excellent knowledge with Microsoft OS (Server & Desktop) including Microsoft Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy Management.
- Good knowledge with Microsoft Hyper-V and Linux / Ubuntu Server
- Good knowledge with LAN/WAN/Firewall networking
- Experience with IT change control process
- Participate in occasional out of hours work when required and being part of an on call rota.
- This role will require the successful applicant to undergo security clearance which is essential to the role
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A