HMP Oakwood is an innovative prison which has been highlighted by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons as an “Impressive institution, with a culture of decency and respect. Driven by courageous leadership, excellent peer-led initiatives and outstanding management of learning and skills provisions”.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP Oakwood is one of the largest prisons in England and Wales, providing places for up to approximately 2100 Category C male prisoners.
- Collate, produce and distribute regular and ad-hoc statistics and reports so that individuals and departments receive accurate up to date information.
- Provide a full administrative service so that the needs of the functional/departmental team are met.
- Maintain comprehensive stocks of all forms and documentation required by the function/department so that it is available when required.
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner that meets audit requirements.
- Organise and co-ordinate meetings, diaries, events and travel arrangements ensuring individual and functional/departmental objectives are met.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment. (As required by secure establishments).
- Deal with all routine queries so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Ability to use Word, Excel and Power Point
- Previous experience in safeguarding role.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A