Website Frito Lay
This is a full-time experienced Night Shift Maintenance Mechanic position that is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and installing pneumatic and hydraulic systems, control valves, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps. Maintenance Mechanics are also responsible for troubleshooting and repairing AC/DC electrical systems, reading schematics, and using electrical testing equipment (Volt-Ohm meter, amp meter, oscilloscope). Our experienced Maintenance Mechanics have extensive understanding of Programmable Logic Controls and contribute a unique skillset through the use of preventative maintenance systems and work order tracking. Maintenance Mechanics have the skill and flexibility to work on any equipment within the facility and to operate lathes, mills, arc and Heliarc(r) welders for repair, and fabrication.
- You will ensure maximum equipment efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability
- You are willing to work under pressure to fix equipment
- You will use your extensive knowledge to assist entry-level mechanics with difficult repairs
- You will work from task lists when diagnosing machines and taking corrective actions
- You will conduct repair failures of production and facilities equipment
- You will inspect machines, develop repair lists and identify short-term and long-term repairs so that machines run correctly
- Responding to maintenance calls is part of your job, and this can sometimes mean helping complete a repair that has already been started
- You will be troubleshooting issues on a wide variety of equipment
- You will work urgently to get the equipment back up and running.
- You are willing and able to work in an environment that has extreme temperatures, humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, and slippery surfaces
- You are at least 18 years of age or older
- Customer Service: given our emphasis on mechanical aptitude, you might be surprised to see customer service listed here, but remember we interact with all levels of team members on the floor. It is important that you, and we as a team, treat all team members with the same level of service as we would our consumers.
- Flexibility: you’ll be switching gears, shifting priorities, and balancing task lists with calls for maintenance repairs. Flexibility – and keeping your cool – will allow you to both focus and prioritize your work.
- Self-Starter: you will often find yourself working unsupervised, so taking ownership of your quality and speed of work is essential when conducting preventative maintenance or addressing equipment failure.
- Safety Focused: your attention to company policies and procedures regarding safety will minimize risks to yourself, your team, and the quality of our products. Safety is everyone’s job at Frito-Lay.
- Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You will be required to work on weekends and holidays
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
Company: Frito Lay
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Macon, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A