Website Fortnum and Mason
The UX Designer will be responsible for designing the overall functionality of the product, ensuring a great and improving user experience, through a data-driven roadmap, which ultimately supports both brand and commercial objectives.
They will understand our Digital business requirements and any technical limitations and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
Passionate about all things UX, they will apply their experience, knowledge & user-centred design approach to all Magento 2 product applications. These include but are not limited to; the consumer website, soon to be launched B2B website and Customer Service web interface with a relentless focus on delivering a frictionless user experience.
The role holder will interact primarily with the Senior Digital Product Manager, Director of Online, Online Team; marketing, trading and analytics, Director of Marketing & Comms and members of the Marketing team, plus members of the Technology & Transformation team and our Web Development agency.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Digital Product Manager to define the vision for the ecommerce product including goals and objectives and measurement framework, all within the context of our business requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer requirements and on-site behaviours, to enable clear definition of customer journeys
- Deliver intuitive user experiences, translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes, all optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design opportunities & problems with the core product and develop solutions to counter them, selling these solutions into the wider business through research output, prototyping and user-testing
- Bring a user-centred design approach to UX decisions on potential future features and functionalities
- Manage key stakeholder relationships and define business requirements, turning these into tangible propositions that deliver an enhanced online customer journey and drive engagement, sales & repeat shopping
- Experience in a fast paced retail environment
- Highly organised, with ability to prioritise workload under pressure, meeting deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experience that meet business needs and vision
- Demonstrable UX design experience, preferably designing complex solutions for complete digital environments, with extensive experience in using UX design best practices and a strong understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- User-centred design skills, including delivery of user research and testing, A/B testing, prototyping, usability and accessibility assessment
- Detail-oriented self-starter, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Degree level qualification
- Positive, can-do attitude, open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
Company: Fortnum and Mason
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A