Website First Republic Bank
The Business Banking Intern will primarily assist the Portfolio Quality Analysts, Credit Analysts and Business Bankers with loan and deposit matters. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of financial services, attention to detail, the ability to work under tight deadlines and the ability to work within the team dynamic.
- Build relationships with and learn from Business Bankers, Analysts and supporting teammates who help make First Republic one of the most highly respected Banks in the Country.
- Attain foundational skill-sets to begin a career within the financial industry: For example, (1) gain experience in underwriting credit facilities by applying finance, accounting and/or economics tools to the underwriting process; (2) observe how teammates cultivate client and professional relationships utilizing both written and verbal skills; and (3) problem-solve and effectively communicate with peers and management in matters relating to management of the existing portfolio, marketing and prospecting, and process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in supporting the Analyst and the team in closing new deals, which includes (1)
- Researching new borrowers, owners, and management teams (2) Ensuring that new borrowers are in good standing with the state; and (3)
- Assuring that First Republic is the borrower’s preferred bank.
- Maintain existing loans and track financial covenants (1) review borrowers’ financial statements; (2) test covenant compliance; and (3) assure that outstanding advances are repaid by their maturity dates.
- Assist with client queries and loan servicing matters related to interest charges, account statements and compliance items.
- Role model First Republic’s fast-paced and inclusive culture with timely responses to requests, collaboration with the team.
- Assist with financial reporting covenant monitoring which includes scanning/saving financial information, loading files into OnBase, organizing files on the local shared drives.
- Assist with research/audit requests by locating and reporting files and other financial information.
- Undergraduates Required (Rising Seniors and Rising Juniors preferred)
- Minimum GPA of ~3.3
- Leadership experience preferred: volunteer, clubs, team sports, extra-curricular activities, special projects, etc.
- Taken a Financial Accounting class
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Company: First Republic Bank
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Albany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A