Website Essex School
We are looking to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and committed teaching team.
The role of the successful candidate involves working across KS1 and KS2 and providing one to one assistance within the class with those with particular needs. We will be also looking at the candidate’s ability to work effectively with small groups of children.
- Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible and adapt to the needs of pupils
- Support and uphold the school’s vision and values
- Be able to contribute to the wider life of the academy
- Lead interventions for children with individual targets and small groups of children in literacy and numeracy
- Support children’s emotional development and resilience when approaching learning tasks
- Support children’s behaviour in line with the school’s vision, values and behaviour policy
- Have a good general standard of education including a minimum qualification of the equivalent of GCSE Grade C in both English and Maths
- Have a good understanding of how children learn
- Are able to help children of all abilities, including those with special educational needs to learn as effectively and independently as possible, both individually and in small groups.
- Are able to prepare materials and resources to support individuals, small groups and classroom activities
- Be able to model excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a caring and patient approach to supporting children
Company: Essex School
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bournemouth, GB
Application Deadline: N/A