Are you a motivated individual capable of leading technical projects from initiation to completion and enjoys working in both offices and field? Do you have project management and problem solving skills? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you to learn and grow with us as Advisor Telemetry.
Our Telemetry team has direct impact on the design, selection, installation, programming, commissioning, and support of our Telemetry/SCADA, Control, Measurement, Data Collection, and Odorization Systems throughout Ontario.
- Continually focus on continuous improvement and explore new and emerging technologies with a view to optimize network coverage, path propagation, communication success rates, system performance, and minimize system disruption and down time.
- Prepare necessary reports identifying cause of failures and recommend by working with impacted stakeholders/ implement action plans for future avoidance.
- RTU programming and configuration activities on ControlWave series RTU’s and flow computers.
- Respond to reported telemetry outages across Ontario in a timely manner, while ensuring minimal system disruptions. This requires close liaison and good working relations with Gas Control, Station Operations and SCADA staff.
- Support the designing, recommending, selecting, installing, calibrating, programming, commissioning, managing and maintaining components of the Telemetry/SCADA systems.
- This includes gate and regulation station assets, remote terminal units, station controls, wireless infrastructure, grounding systems, electrical cabling, low voltage and emergency/backup power supply systems, technology enhancements (radio replacements, transition from serial data to IP (internet protocol), encryption overlay, and increased network redundancies).
- Participate in On-Call duties across Enbridge Gas franchise (This is a rotation on-call responsibility within the team).
- Recommend, supervise and interact with suppliers, contractors and consultants regarding availability, purchase and installation of new and replacement hardware, firmware, software and new technologies.
- Ensure that the installation, operation and maintenance of components and infrastructure are in accordance with all applicable codes and standards.
- Ability to respond to on call duties on a 24 hour/7-day rotational basis throughout EGI.
- Strong safety awareness and knowledge of safe work procedures.
- Able to communicate and present to different levels of management and multi-functional groups and teams, both internally and externally.
- Installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of control systems (Pressure, flow, other).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- At least 3 years project management experience. Project Management Professional certification (PMP) would be an asset.
- At least 5 years of experience in the Telemetry, SCADA and/or Instrumentation fields. Programming of using function block diagram, structured text & other IEC 11631-3 programming languages.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A