COVID-19 Measures: Throughout the pandemic, Enbridge has had to make important decisions that impact our team members, and we have done so by keeping the safety of our workforce our first priority. All employees must comply with the Company’s COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy which requires employees to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or undergo COVID-19 testing per Company direction.
Are you a top tier Risk Control professional? We are looking for a Power Market Risk Specialist to join our team! In this position you will have the opportunity to showcase your Risk management technical expertise and support directly the Manager, Risk Control by ensuring the Enbridge Risk Policy and Procedures are employed and all requirements have been met through compliance reporting, providing senior risk analytics and analysis for the business unit trading in the North American Power market.
- Ensure the documentation and integrity of procedures for new or existing processes are maintained and generated.
- Provide cultural leadership with consistent demonstration of team and cross functional collaboration and accountability, providing daily support, training, mentoring, and coaching to all team members (Analysts and Advisors).
- Actively work with the MRM IT group to ensure data feeds between systems are functioning properly and end of day risk system results are accurately generated, including new types of data to improve the quality reporting.
- Perform OpenLink superuser/SME role for Power for electricity module deal modelling including new transactions or modelling development such as Full
- Requirements, RECs, Capacity, 15 Minute Interval Transactions and others.
- Support and maintain SOX requirements and documentation, and keep up to date on industry and training requirements applicable to role.
- Maintain partner relationships across various functional and leadership levels, representing Risk Control on various projects, cross functional system integration and system implementation.
- Analyze greek risk system outputs for effective PNL decomposition in conjunction with other risk metric movements, creating meaningful daily market risk explanations applicable to a broad range of audiences.
- Act a liaison between Risk Control reporting (including Corporate Risk), OpenLink generated results, Power scheduling software and power pool markets (ISOs) ensuring data accuracy for transaction completeness.
- Experience in dealing with various power transaction types: Physical Energy, Capacity, Renewable Energy Credits (RECs), Financial swaps, Physical and Financial
- Options, Financial Transmission Rights (FTRs), Transmission Congestion Contracts (TCCs), Congestion Revenue Rights (CRRs), Transmission Rights (TRs), Virtuals,
- Fixed Block Utility Auctions, Full Requirements.
- Strong understanding of Power LMP pricing including past experience in validating power prices with external sources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and coordinate effectively within a team environment.
- Openlink/Endur or similar energy trading and risk management systems (ETRM) across the transaction life cycle.
- Experience with the implementation or improvement of ETRM
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A