At Enbridge, we adopt new ideas and offer an environment where employees are recognized and respected for their input and opinions. We view our employees as our future leaders and strive to provide an environment that encourages self-improvement, innovation and growth so that we can promote from within.
We are looking for outstanding employees who share our vision to be the best in everything we do, from safe and reliable operations, to innovative solutions and complete team commitment and dedication to our values!
- Ensure participation in pension programs is completed with a focus on eligibility, time, age, union/non-union, service.
- Monitor and ensure retirement awards are administered on a monthly basis through OC Tanner.
- When necessary raise issues and questions leveraging our partnership with the Centre of Expertise, Benefits Operations, HR Advisory, Payroll and Labour Relations.
- Actively manage queries using case management tools (Neocase, Excel trackers) to ensure accurate and timely response within set Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure participation in retiree benefit programs upon retirement and ensure enrollment is based on age, country, company,
- Daily administration of pension and retiree benefit policies and programs.
- Review, monitor, and update data between Enbridge and external vendors to ensure accuracy in benefit enrollment, premium deductions, dependents, and status.
- Receive and respond to questions and queries from active, deferred vested, surviving, and retired members related to pension and retiree benefits.
- Monitor and review the eligibility of pension programs for active, deferred, and retired employees.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, methods, and practices.
- General benefit administration program knowledge.
- Ability to collect sufficient information to understand problems and issues.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent and 3-5 years progressive work experience with 1 to 2 years within pension and/or benefits.
- Proficient in Excel and solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suites of products.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of employees across the organization (North America and International).
- Resourceful and highly results oriented with analytical, evaluation, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Ability to convey facts and information clearly both written and verbally.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A