The successful candidates will originate, structure and deliver tailored financial solutions to private sector companies and projects that contribute to the sustainable development of developing countries and to FinDev Canada’s strategic objectives of job creation, women economic empowerment and climate change mitigation.
We are looking to identify a candidate with experience in development finance, commercial credit analysis, structuring, documentation and transaction management who is committed to the principles of sustainable development. The candidate will be relied upon to understand the customer’s needs, structure solutions which address those needs, assess the credit risk and recommend risk mitigation strategies as appropriate to achieve the optimal balance between development impact and FinDev Canada’s business requirements. The role will work closely with Development Impact and Environmental, Social and Governance specialists to ensure that transactions achieve FinDev Canada’s objectives.
- Assesses / mitigates transaction risks
- Identifies, creates and develops new business opportunities with both current and potential clients and partners
- Recommends and/or approves transactions within specified parameters, policies and guidelines
- Guides customer engagement and negotiation strategy
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, banking and DFI/multilateral partners to develop high quality, specific business opportunities
- Actively manages a portfolio of customers / transactions; maintains effective relationships with clients and partners; monitors risks; recommends options for the
- mitigation of risks and for the optimal support to customers.
- Determines financial eligibility of customers, borrowers and other counter parties and drafts and/or reviews documents to deliver products
- Independently leads/or advises on proportionate share of complex transactions / customer portfolios
- Formulates pricing/term strategy reflective of risk and market conditions and contributes to the negotiation strategy
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors: Renewable energy and Climate Finance, Infrastructure, Agri-food supply chain, Financial Intermediaries in developing markets
- Experience working in developing countries, preferably in Latin America, the Caribbean, and/or Sub-Saharan Africa
- Understanding and experience with economic and development issues in developing countries
- Knowledge of and commitment to sustainable development
- Networking and relationship management skills
- Master’s Degree with a specialization in Business / Finance / Accounting, or equivalent
- Fluent Spanish
- Bilingualism in both official languages (French and English). However, in the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. Both bilingual and unilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, CA
Application Deadline: N/A