The Data Engineering Services team is seeking an individual that has experience in leading, designing, implementing, and collaborating with stakeholders to achieve the best results for EDC with direct benefits in helping Canadian exporters.
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for delivering data through data pipelines on EDC’s data platform to meet our stakeholder’s needs. This role will be joining the team that is responsible for building out the Data Engineering practice at EDC using the latest in modern data platform technologies.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees activities related to the design, development and integration of information system, operations systems and/or datamarts.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Reviews systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers and manages third party vendor (managed services) relationships.
- Develops standards and processes for coding, deployment, testing, and governance.
- Leads the provision of expertise for the complex elevated technical support issues including solution lifecycle management.
- Experience in developing and proposing data models that conform to requirements. Responsible to ensure the proposed design, optimally addresses access and query patterns; data consumption and adheres to internal architecture standards
- Experience working with modern data processing technology stacks: Spark, Hive
- Experience working with streaming data architecture and technologies for real-time: Spark Streaming, Kafka, Flink, Storm
- Experience working with relational and non-relational database technologies: SQL Server, Synapse Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB, CosmosDB, HBase
- Experience working with cloud data platform technologies: Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse and Azure EventHub
- Programming experience in Spark using modern languages such as Scala, Java and/or Python
- Experience working with source code and configuration management environments such as Azure DevOps, Git, Maven, Nexus
- Understanding of agile development methods including core values, guiding principles, and key agile practices
- Understanding of the theory and application of Continuous Integration/Delivery
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A