Job Summary Amentum is seeking a Submarine Electronics Technician with Navigation experience to support our Newport News, VA team. The successful candidate will provide technical evaluation and perform the required corrective actions for Submarine Navigation systems casualties in accordance with the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual and all other applicable Navy Maintenance Procedures; draft Technical Assistance Visit reports upon completion of corrective actions; assist in the disassembly, reassembly, installation and testing of the Navigation systems onboard all classes of submarines; and provide support to engineering and design staff in a variety of engineering tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, fabrication, construction and operation of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
- Essential Responsibilities include: Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at Amentum and client sites. Assist with test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks.
- Perform validations/verifications of various electronic systems. Review change proposals for equipment impacts.
- Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions. Develop technical/engineering data
- Planned Maintenance Systems, technical manuals, trouble-shooting procedures, drawing updates, operation procedures, and maintainability improvements.
- Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise.
- Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory. Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/systems installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
- Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, and system specifications and test procedures.
- Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
- Support engineers in the development of technical proposal and provide input on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work
- Minimum Requirements Vocational/technical training beyond high school
- Navy C school and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent required.
- Submarine Navigation Systems equipment experience. Position requires 20-50% travel.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain
- DoD Security clearance. Preferred Qualifications Active Security clearance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hampton, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A