Job Summary The successful Aircraft Washer washes aircraft and aircraft components as required utilizing a high-pressure wash system. Performs pre/post wash lubrication of aircraft. Essential Responsibilities: Install and remove protective covers. Move aircraft utilizing towing equipment. Operate ground support equipment. Operate portable firefighting equipment. Assist in the movement of aircraft. Prepare aircraft for washing by ensuring vent areas are taped and all protective covers are in place.
- Requires eye hand coordination and manual dexterity. Must have close vision to include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires hearing to the normal range. Able to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
- Capable of comprehending written and oral instructions for the use of aircraft cleaning equipment.
- Requires shift work and a diversity of working conditions that may range from standard shop type environment where there may be no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes in temperature, direct sunlight, wind, rain, etc.
- May be required to work where high noise hazards prevail.
- Will be required to wear protective clothing and other safety equipment during periods of extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on the
- Material Safety Data Sheets; working on or around aircraft and machinery.
- Aircraft flight line, hangars and maintenance shops. Able to physically operate aircraft ground servicing equipment including vehicles, tugs, tractors, and high-pressure soap and water systems.
- Qualifications Physical/Working Environment May require the use of respirator.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Must be US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- Requires shift work Knowledge & Skills Familiar with normal operational safety requirements, working on and around aircraft and ground support equipment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A