Amentum is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic III to join our operations & maintenance team. This position is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing repairs to fixtures and systems in a manufacturing environment. Working under minimal supervision as a member of a self-directed work team, this is a multi-craft position that may perform machine repairs and general non-licensed maintenance work, as well as support other licensed trades as directed. Requires good working knowledge of all types and applications of equipment pertaining to maintenance and operations for assigned area, and the ability to work within machine tolerances.
- Performs planned maintenance on all building equipment and related services for specific area while being sensitive and responsive to customer needs.
- Performs trouble-shooting techniques on mechanical equipment such as pumps, agitators, hydraulic systems, research laboratory vacuum systems, RO/DI purified water systems, compressed air and other gas equipment and distribution systems to determine problems and effect repairs as promptly and efficiently as possible to minimize downtime.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections.
- Develops and implements planned maintenance procedures, performs job estimates, maintains spare parts inventory.
- Keeps stock persons informed as to parts consumed from inventory.
- Assists in installing, inspecting new equipment and servicing installations. Provides support to co-workers, contractors, vendors, project managers, building managers, and engineers as necessary to support project and renovation work. Complies with all governmental, company, and industrial regulations, codes, and standards, health safety practices, and permit systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Other Attributes: Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends. Work schedules can change based on critical business needs.
- Other Attributes: Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A