Job Summary The Heavy Equipment Mechanic analyzes malfunctions and repairs, overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks, or tractors. Rebuilds and maintains power equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools. Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions. Tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency
- Welds broken parts and structural members May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment
- May repair, adjust and maintain mining machinery, such as stripping and loading shovels, drilling and cutting machines, and continuous mining machines.
- Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required.
- Replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts. Grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors.
- Overhauling transmissions. Repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems.
- In general, the work of the Motor Vehicle Mechanic requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience. Perform other duties as requested
- These are SCA jobs and will vary accordingly by assignment within and across contracts.
- Minimum Requirements Knowledge of military and/or company forms required by work requirements
- Minimum of four (4) years actual and recent experience in the repair, modification, maintenance and overhaul of equipment related to individual specialty codes.
- It is the responsibility of the individual to incur all costs associated with obtaining and maintaining a valid
- Class “A” Commercial Drivers License
- Air Brake Systems and the previously mentioned endorsements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A