Job Summary Amentum at GE Durham Aircraft Engine Assembly is seeking a Crane/Hoist Technician III to join our 1st shift Industrial Maintenance team in Durham, NC! Enjoy year-round climate-controlled work environment! Technicians perform electrical/mechanical preventive maintenance, inspection and repairs of overhead cranes, gantry systems, CM Hoists, jibs, and jib hoists; and perform electrical/mechanical preventive maintenance and repairs on facilities related equipment Responsibilities: Performs repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance on buildings, facilities equipment, fixtures, and systems. Operates aerial and platform lifts. Reads and understands schematics, diagrams, and specifications. Demonstrates solid understanding of Lock
- Out Tag Out practices and procedures. Operates a PC with Microsoft Office Suite programs. Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized
- Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance
- . Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer. Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Minimum Requirements High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience performing crane and hoist maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Shall have a working knowledge of how to identify deficiencies to mechanical, structural, and electrical crane components and associated hoisting equipment.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- May require a valid Driver’s License.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A