- Investigates mishaps and injuries.
- Ensures Airworthiness Directive compliance and aircraft configuration.
- Project planning and management skills.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Monitors quality deficiencies and coordinates corrective actions.
- Ensures Modification and Maintenance is conducted utilizing approved data.
- Ensures compliance with DynCorp Program, FAA 145 Repair Station Manual.
- Develops staff and methodology to fulfill duties.
- Ability to get results through influence, negotiation and teamwork.
- Manages the inspection branch, including inspection requirements, trend analysis, technical order publication library, maintenance training program, TMDE, and
- functional check flight program.
- Ensures FOD, mishap, injury, incident, HAZMAT and adverse trend reporting.
- In depth knowledge of quality management, its concepts, techniques, tools and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Establishes and communicates program metrics as needed.
- Provides leadership and knowledge to staff members and teams as necessary.
- Maintains awareness of regulatory changes and disseminates safety-related bulletins, technical changes and literature to work site personnel.
- Provides guidance and direction to achieve compliance with all applicable safety and quality standards.
- Maintains technical library.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years experience in any combination within the following areas; Quality Assurance/Improvement, ISO-9000, and/or Safety & Environmental Compliance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Two (2) years experience in contracts or related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A