Website Duke Energy
An employee in this Florida focused position assists in solving complex renewable and distributed generation, (DG) issues, manages data and work flows, supports contract, regulatory compliance, and renewable energy policies that pertain to the Florida jurisdiction. The incumbent will support daily business requirements and provide overall support with Florida’s distributed generation, Qualified Facilities, (QFs) and DEF’s local clean energy advancement.
- Ensure ongoing QF business regulatory reporting obligations are accurate and completed in a timely manner while utilizing effective planning, organizing and work monitoring that underpin favorable regulatory outcomes.
- Complete ad hoc project work related to DER emerging issues, data queries, and clean energy/DG related reports or documentation to support policy work, local outreach, and DEF’s clean energy growth.
- Manage and develop various DEF QF payment rates related to the QF portfolio of purchased power contracts and regulated business requirements using production cost modeling, various reporting tools, and custom in-house software.
- Create and manage positive internal and external QF/DER working relationships through collaboration and using advanced oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and Strive to continually improve the QF/renewable and DG business processes and procedures.
- Track and log daily QF generation forecasts, performance, and contractual obligations.
- Strong problem solving, project management and implementation skills.
- Two or more years of work in regulated utility customer rates, rate making, cost recovery, and regulatory rules for investor owned utilities.
- Two or more years of work in system planning, wholesale power contracts, power trading, ECC, system operations.
- Two or more years of work in renewable technologies, renewable energy markets, or renewable analytics.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Production cost modeling experience and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and any associated programming.
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A