Website Duke Energy
Transmission System Planning and Operations offers qualified students, in accredited engineering programs leading to a Bachelor of Science Degree, the opportunity to work in various areas of engineering on a rotational basis as part of the engineering cooperative program.
- Operates the transmission grid in real time and provides the analytical support to ensure that is accomplished safely and reliably.
- Work alongside staff engineers who analyze the transmission system configuration to specify procedures and upgrades necessary for reliable operation and maintain and enhance the Energy Management System used for control of the system.
- Ability to deliver superior results within allocated time through effective prioritization, scheduling, planning and execution of assigned work
- Previous engineering work experience
- Works effectively with others from diverse backgrounds to achieve common goal
- Demonstrates ability to provide the quantity and quality of work necessary to reach an accomplishment
- Demonstrated leadership qualities through effective decision making
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates tenacity by remaining persistence in the face of difficulty
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A