Website Duke Energy
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
- The Design Thinking Internship is Duke Energy’s professional development summer internship position for presently enrolled college students seeking to increase their knowledge and skills in user centered problem solving for a wide variety of business partners within Duke Energy.
- The Intern will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of compelling business and technical design thinking workshops and user research efforts, while experiencing and learning the inner workings of a Design Thinking team that supports all groups throughout the enterprise and sits within the IT Intake, Design and Customer Insights group within Digital Transformation at Duke Energy.
- They will gain familiarity with the organization and the company’s business operations by networking with other Interns and more senior level employees, as well as honing their own skills for future, practical application.
- Through this internship, you’ll understand how a large utility company leverages state-of-the art techniques and technologies while also maintaining a human-centered approach to enterprise transformation to deliver and sustain products that cater to the ever-evolving needs of its customers.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Self-driven, motivated, and proactive
- Cumulative GPA of at least2 .75
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to take on a variety of different tasks
- Leadership potential or skills displayed through extracurricular activities (e.g., sports, community service, clubs and academic organizations)
- Previous software, change, design, product internship or business experience
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a 4-year degree in an IT, Marketing, or Design related major.
- Exposure to or familiarity with user experience design, product design, product management, change management or design thinking
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A