Directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations and at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to team members / supporting employees using established company policies.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Manages the coordination of department/functional activities with responsibility for results, methods and staffing.
- In some instances may be responsible for a functional area or contracted / outsourced employees or matrixed reports.
- People management responsibilities include hiring / terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching and compensation decisions.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with 8-12 years of industry experience.
- 2-5 years of previous management or lead experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tempe, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A