Incumbents at this level will manage and coordinate a department or division within the Dexcom Manufacturing Operations organization. This position will set goals, establish priorities, manage resources, develop concepts and approaches, review project progress and results, and make management decisions. Operational activities may include planning, developing, building, designing or any other aspect of manufacturing operations work. This job spends a significant amount of time managing and directing the operation of the assigned staff.
- Provides guidance to team members / supporting employees using established company policies.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Manages the coordination of department/functional activities with responsibility for results, methods and staffing.
- In some instances may be responsible for a functional area or contracted / outsourced employees or matrixed reports.
- People management responsibilities include hiring / terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching and compensation decisions.
- Evaluate information against a set of standards.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with 8-12 years of industry experience.
- 2-5 years of previous management or lead experience.
- Coordinate and/or act as a liaison between work units, shifts, departments, functions, corporate partners, etc.
- Organize continuous improvement or manufacturing operations department to accomplish goals effectively.
- Coordinate the activities or tasks of people, departments or divisions.
- Six Sigma Black Belt expertise (or equivalent) is a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A