Website U.S. Department of Commerce
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Central Region (CR), Center Weather Service Unit (CWSU), Federal Aviation Administrations (FAA), Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC), with one vacancy in Farmington, MN.
- Work closely with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) officials having responsibilities and/or interest in aviation safety for the National Airspace System (NAS) for the ARTCC area.
- On short notice, coordinate with the appropriate forecast office and the Aviation Weather Center (AWC) to obtain updated aviation forecasts with suddenly changing weather conditions.
- Provide detailed briefing of current and forecast weather several times a day for ARTCC personnel, terminal approach control personnel and Control Tower personnel concerning meteorological phenomena affecting the system in which briefings are both scheduled and on demand.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
Qualification & Experience:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
Company: U.S. Department of Commerce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A