Website DC Government
This position is in the 911 Emergency Operations Division of the Office of Unified Communications. The Telecommunications Equipment Operator (TEO) will learn standard operating procedures for prioritizing emergency calls, and verifying information and entering data into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system. The incumbent of this position will learn and apply all protocols for taking and processing emergency and non-emergency calls for police, fire, and medical emergency services.
- The Telecommunications Equipment Operator will learn and successfully demonstrate proper telephone etiquette and communication tips, perform basic computer functions including, tracing incomplete call information, processing and route calls using CAD, Sentinel and Google maps, etc. He/she will receive and input confidential data from various law enforcement agencies. The incumbent should understand and successfully demonstrate the importance of active listening and obtaining accurate information from callers.
- The incumbent will learn and successfully demonstrate the importance of the relationships between the call taker, dispatcher and our first responders. He/she must have the ability to quickly and accurately type information from callers into a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system. The incumbent will be required to read and comprehend manuals and standard operating procedures, successfully pass examinations to exhibit comprehension, learn popular and specific landmarks within the Metropolitan Area and learn techniques to calm hysterical or irate callers and utilize the Language Line to understand non-English speaking citizens.
- Must be able to pass the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) Hearing Standards for Public Safety Telecommunicators.
- Ability to obtain a basic first aid/cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification, obtain and maintain certification in fire, medical and police protocols.
- Ability to pass a typing test of 35 words per minute.
- Ability to pass a psychological test prior to employment.
Company: DC Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A