The Geometric Accuracy Operator ensures geometric accuracy of the vehicle body for the production process in Body Shop department in alignment with given requirements. Analyze and interpret measurement results and data out of the CMM systems as piWeb. Recommend improvements to the vehicle body. Perform shimming jobs onsite the Body Shop equipment and handle Faro Armand Laser tracker measurement equipment. Decide and present independent shimming jobs for Body and relevant machines.
- Perform setup operations for geometric accuracy to make sure a geometric quality regarding the requirements
- Perform shimming in the Body Shop lines and subassemblies, test parts, new parts and prototypes without plans in some cases
- If necessary, create complex upgrade plans for non-standard processes. Release process for standardization
- Analyze measurement results from inline and offline measurements in piWeb, if needed together with CMM
- Handle needed technics as faro arm and laser tracker for measurements
- Perform failure analysis on manufacturing processes and non-conformances
- Perform failure analysis on the product
- Conducts routine and non-routine inspections.
- Review and report any discrepancies from the reports to group leader.
- Read and interpret diagrams and blueprints of the process
- Monitor and set up machinery for optimal performance
- Control the IMT machines used in production and be able to identify problems and solve these problems
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement Program
- Completes and ensures availability of appropriate documentation related to the production process.
- Required: 4+ years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate + 3 years relevant experience; OR Relevant associates degree + 1 year relevant experience
- Preferred: 5+ years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate + 4 years relevant experience; OR Relevantassoc. degree + 2 years relevant experience
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job
- Knowledge of 3D coordinate systems, metrology and data processing
- Training in the following is preferred but not necessary: AUKOM 1,AUKOM 2, Pi-Web, CALIGO, Siemens NX (CAD), SMARAGD and scanning software (mayinclude Eagle Eye 2, PC-Dmis, and/or Polyworks software packages).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greenville, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A