We’re looking for talented and creative communications specialists to join our teams in cities across Canada. By administering tax and benefit programs, and ensuring compliance on behalf of governments across Canada, the CRA contributes directly to the ongoing economic and social well-being of Canadians.
Working for the CRA gives you the chance to positively impact the lives of Canadians while learning from your team as we deliver historic economic measures and maintain vital government programs.
- Research, analyze and synthetize data to support development of communications products and plans.
- Write, edit and publish external and internal communications products and plans.
- Prepare communications plans, marketing plans, or stakeholder engagement plans;
- Provide colleagues and management with communications advice, and make recommendations on the development and use of regional or national communications/marketing/engagement strategies.
- Plan for and coordinate the delivery of services to support the development of communications projects (i.e., linguistic services, publishing, media monitoring, research and evaluation);
- For positions outside the National Capital region, provide support for or respond to general media enquiries.
- Have a degree from a recognized postsecondary institution
- at the board’s discretion, an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or experience may serve as an alternative to a degree from a recognized postsecondary institution.
- Experience* in providing strategic communications advice to clients and management.
- Experience* in researching, analyzing and synthetizing data to support the development of communications products and plans.
- Experience* in writing a variety of external and internal communications products, including at least five of the following:
- Communications, marketing or stakeholder engagement plans
- News releases
- Media lines or responses to media
- Backgrounders or factsheet (additional information provided to media)
- Frequently asked questions
- Talking points, presentations, or speech for senior management
- Messages for large audiences (generally larger than 50 people)
- Articles for print, Web, or internal publication
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A