Stocks and straightens merchandise for sale in the warehouse. Clears and cleans aisles, assists members.
- Uses box knife to cut boxes for display/accessibility of product and to cut twine or shrink-wrap from pallet. Wraps or ties and tags pallets to be returned to steel.
- Communicates with supervisors and managers to determine merchandising plan and priorities. Writes list of products to be brought from steel, by forklift driver, for stocking.
- Creates computer-generated signs. Observes and ensures correct product signage. Marks unmarked product with item number using marking gun.
- Sets up display models, assembling as necessary. Modifies displays for safe handling by members, e.g., bolting heavy equipment, taping blade edges. Follows all safety and security procedures.
- Follows merchandising standards and practices. Aligns product, collects and returns stray items, stocks to maintain high product levels.
- Stocks opened cases on shelves. Moves and positions pallets of merchandise using manual pallet jack. Stacks product from partial pallets onto full pallets.
- Pulls loose cardboard and slip-sheets from floor. Clears sales floor of debris and sweeps. Removes empty pallets from the sales floor. Operates cardboard bailer and trash compactor. Rewraps loose product using shrink-wrap machine.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, CA
Application Deadline: N/A