Website Civil Service
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is the UK Government’s largest public service provider, supporting over 22 million people, and touching every citizen in the country at some time in their life. As a result, we manage Whitehall’s biggest annual budget, totalling over £165 billion.
We provide a modern, fair and affordable welfare system that makes a sustainable and positive different to people’s lives every day. Our role is to support people into work by extending their opportunity, strengthening their personal responsibility, and enabling them to reach their potential. We are currently undertaking a once-in-a-generation programme of welfare reform, transforming our services to create real positive impact for UK citizens, and our own people. This is where you come in.
- Developing, supporting and clearing departmental and ministerial briefings including producing material for Select Committees and Parliamentary debates as well as responses to correspondence, Parliamentary Questions, Freedom of Information requests and proactively engaging with senior stakeholders and Private Offices.
- Support key external engagement activities with a range of senior stakeholders to deliver key messages about how our plans help to transform services for customers, colleagues and taxpayers alike.
- Planning, coordination and preparation of internal and external communications products to support the delivery of transformation messages to claimants, stakeholders and staff – ensuring that all opportunities, issues and risks are fully understood.
- Support stakeholder analysis, using and adapting appropriate tools, deciding if in-depth analysis is required for key stakeholders, and develop the strategy with other senior leads, setting out the most appropriate communication channel for each stakeholder group.
- Working in a business management environment, ensuring day to day operations of the Group and Senior Leaders are undertaken efficiently and effectively.
- Using communication expertise and analytical skills to translate business strategy and senior management steers into communication strategies, plans and products.
- Excellent organisational skills – managing conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment, balancing the demands of a number of customers and senior leaders to ensure all tasks are delivered to deadline.
- Stakeholder Engagement – successful stakeholder management and engagement at all levels including senior leaders, both internally and with external partners, influencing and collaborating to build consensus.
- Developing Self and Others – evidence of continuous learning and development. Show you are inquisitive, seek out new information and look for new ways to develop yourself and in addition take time to coach, mentor and develop other colleagues.
- Communication & Briefing – Showing excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills with experience of successfully interacting with internal and external senior officials/stakeholders. Providing evidence of complex briefing, horizon scanning and responding to reports and external reviews.
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, GB
Application Deadline: N/A