Website Civil Service
Defence Digital (DD) provides digital and technology services to our Armed Forces, ensuring they can operate securely via radio, satellite, and the internet. Operating at scale, with an annual budget in excess of £2Bn and a diverse team of 2,500 colleagues, we’re aiming to make our Armed Forces some of the most technologically advanced in the world. To do that we’re growing our capabilities in disciplines like data science, automation and cyber security. If you can see yourself contributing to the world of Defence digital and technology, the next chapter of your career may be with us.
The Security Engineer will be specifically focused on delivering a vehicle platform integrated “Information Interchange Point” (IIP) in the deployed battlespace.
This role will advise on security aspects, assisting the NIOBE Engineering Team through; Technical Investigations, Architecture, Design and the associated required Assurance. In addition, the role will be required to support in the creation of the initial Security Design for the first phase of the project. TheSecurity Engineer designs the security solution for the system or service, contributes to the maintenance of formal security documentation and develops security approaches to new technologies.
- Working with; the Technical Project Manager, the Lead Solution Architect, the System Designer, create the Security Design; Vision, Approach and Plan.
- Working with the Technical Project Manager and the Lead Solution Architect, create Security Design Documents as required by Design Assurance.
- Work within the System function team and act as a security conduit between the Engineering team and the Chief Digital Officer. Leading on all Project Security work.
- Preparing for Security Accreditation;
- Achieving DART Registration
- Request and review the Threat Assessment output produced by DSTL, with assistance Defence Intelligence (DI);
- Production of Security Accreditation Plan.
- Management of Accreditation Evidence Statement (AES)
- Review JSP 604 Rule Set and document the findings & the supporting evidence. Update the JSP604 Rule Set as required as by the Authority.
- Working with the rest of the Security and Wider Design stakeholders to Identify Security Risks and report on potential mitigations.
- Advise on important security-related technologies and assess the risk associated with proposed changes.
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pucklechurch, GB
Application Deadline: N/A