Website Civil Service
Engaging with senior stakeholders across the business, security profession and wider HMG, the Head of Physical Security ensures that Security risks are appropriately identified, assessed and risk treatment plans are agreed, that effective capability exists within the team, and associated services align to business priorities and the enterprise threats faced by the Department.
The Head of Physical Security ensures that the Department maintains visibility of its local and enterprise physical security risks, supporting the Department to realise its target risk and maturity profiles.
- Clearly define priorities for the Physical Security Team and reflect in measurable team objectives.
- Evaluate risks and make recommendations for mitigation and on-going management.
- Lead an environment of systematic continuous improvement of DWP’s physical security and its increasing maturity across the Department.
- Accountable for producing and delivering the Physical Security Operating model and work plan in support of the strategy.
- Support a strong DWP physical security profession and identity, ensuring alignment with the Government Security function and profession.
- Lead and shape the Physical Security Team taking accountability for service delivery and enabling an effective, visible and respected Physical Security service to DWP, its
- Arm’s Length Bodies and external customers.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships across all levels of the organisations.
- Establish and oversee the 1st line physical security assessment methodology, and site tiering and prioritisation approaches. Ensure services continue to meet stakeholder requirements and align to wider Departmental risk and control assessment practices.
- Drive innovation, empowering team members to take responsibility for removing inefficiencies, driving costs down and improving services, sharing suggestions for process improvement so good practice is shared and standardised.
- Lead change positively by setting a compelling vision for physical security and embracing business transformation, owning changes and creating an environment to ensure change happens.
- Shape learning and development maps for physical security, maintaining oversight and accountability for professional development within the Physical Security Team.
- Ensure the Department maintains visibility of its local and enterprise physical security risks, taking ownership of risks and associated mitigations where appropriate.
- Lead by example, visibly and confidently engaging colleagues and stakeholders to support and deliver an effective physical security capability.
- Proven experience of leading a large, diverse team to deliver outstanding services within a security environment.
- Deep knowledge of physical security practises controls and standards.
- Proven experience of good relationship management.
- Proven experience of interacting with Board Level governance on physical security topics to present, escalate and influence decision making.
- Proven experience of translating security policy, legal and regulatory requirements into physical security services and solutions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of physical security threat and risk analysis, and the identification, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of security measures.
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, GB
Application Deadline: N/A