Website Civil Service
The role of Head Fixed Connectivity Service Executive is crucial to providing digital strategic leadership to the delivery and through life management of one of the largest telecoms networks in Europe and the delivery of the Next Generation of Data and Voice networks (including 5G and other innovative technology) ,and the realisation of the Service Executive Model in Defence Digital Delivery. The role includes annual budgetary responsibility for £320m, and leadership of c.200 personnel across numerous disciplines.
The role is also a key part of the Defence Digital Senior Leadership group, as well as the Delivery Directorate senior leadership team within Service Delivery and Operations. The successful applicant will make a significant contribution to critical components of overall Defence capability. For the individual selected, the role represents a magnificent opportunity for professional growth given the size, scale and variety of the scope of the appointment.
- Ownership of risk and issues management and decisions on escalation on behalf of the Director for Core Information services.
- Bring up to full working order and govern a brand new, high-quality Fixed Connectivity end to end service for Defence Digital and wider Defence, and customers.
- Managing the risks effectively, whilst identifying and enabling opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Drive coherence, and be an active senior leader across and within Delivery. Working alongside and leading military and civil servant colleagues from other service executives, and take responsibility ensuring delivering and continual improvement of services.
- Leadership of c.200 civilian, military & contracted personnel across; DDaT, project delivery, engineering, logistics, support & safety
- Senior stakeholder engagement. The role will work across Defence to the highest level, including; Senior MoD officials (including across all 3 military services and UK
- Strategic Command), approvals boards, the IAC, across government and the Treasury/ Cabinet Office, as well as briefing senior civil servants, military and minister.
- Play an active role in the Delivery senior leadership team alongside a complex array of military, civil servant and public stakeholders.
- Provide effective technical network leadership, whilst managing numerous priorities including: Govern and deliver all run and change teams across Fixed Connectivity, account for numerous products and channels for current service provisions, whilst designing and delivering the future design of Fixed Connectivity.
- Manage, develop, and enhance supplier and contract relations (including legal, standards and policy assurance), replacing and improving contracts and programmes to allow for innovation and service improvement.
- Develop, set/agree and deliver the Fixed Connectivity Strategy & Roadmap. Set policy and processes for the management and utilisation of Fixed Connectivity’s outputs and data.
- Understands the nuances of Fixed Connectivity in Defence and elsewhere.
- Understands government acquisition, treasury rules and how government commercial services works
- Experience in procurement of multi-million-pound services or equipment.
- Experience leading a mixed discipline team with both technical and strategic awareness and by empowering all team members to achieve shared aims.
- Experience leading significant change whilst maintaining business as usual activities.
- Extensive experience of leading connectivity programmes/services and/or implementation of new networks within complex environments.
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, GB
Application Deadline: N/A