Implement the sanction program related to high risk countries through robust, flexible and efficient procedures and controls.
Identify red flags associated with transactions with high risk countries and report relevant matters to Sanctions Screening Manager.
- Investigate and eliminate case with potential match to ensure that there are no sanctions breach for trade finance/transfers with high risk countries.
- Check sanction circulars received from CBE as well as regulations issued by international regulatory bodies such as the US OFAC, EU, UN, UK, FATF, etc. and comply with it.
- Collect data required to perform investigations specially where a potential breach or circumvention has been identified in transactions with high risk countries.
- Complete all processes related to supporting business units with transactions related to high risk countries in terms of sanctions within the time specified as per the AML approved Turnaround Time (TAT).
- Report and escalate relevant matters to Trade Finance Sanctions Manager and respond promptly to information requests both internally and from regulators.
- Participate and recommend improvements to policies, processes and procedures and manage their implementation to ensure all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled
- Perform the day to day operations of Financial Crime department, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant CBE regulations, banking laws, AML regulations and internal CIB policies and code of conduct in order to maintain CIB’s sound legal position and mitigate any potential risks
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree of Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or its equivalent
- Officer Minimum 4 to 5 years and senior officer 5 to 6 years of banking experience to include; at least 2 years of which in experience in Financial Crime/ Compliance/ Audit/ Risk.
- Relevant certification in Financial Crime, Compliance, Risk, Audit
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cairo, Egypt
Application Deadline: N/A