One focus area of the Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) mission is to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support this focus area, Amazon is seeking an experienced and innovative Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Manager to join our team. In this position, will serve as the site’s designated first aid provider in the warehouse, coordinating and implementing the Amazon Global Program. The Site WHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with an Operations Team at the site level to execute company WHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local, regional and federal regulations. This individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our associates. The Site WHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and WHS data analysis.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon WHS Policies.
- Measure site’s performance against published requirements in EHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies. Drive accountability for the plan
- Leads initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our associates
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional/domestic regulations and company policy
- Perform frequent site WHS audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FC’s
- Analyze WHS metrics and review incident trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the WHS risk is highest.
- Establishes high quality relationships with both site and regional leadership
- Audit recordkeeping practices and WHS Information System entries to ensure compliance to global WHS standards and local regulations
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required WHS training.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic organization.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in EHS and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in people and performance management
- Master’s degree
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing EHS experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people
- Certified Safety Professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sioux Falls, SD, US
Application Deadline: N/A