Website British Airways
The Operations Manager has full ownership of the designated department operations on a shift by shift basis. The role is responsible for monitoring the operational performance of the business whilst communicating effectively to the Department Manager, Cargo Duty Manager, Team Leaders and other departments when required. This role involves coaching and performance management for their Team Leaders to drive operational performance with a focus on productivity and customer service. The Operations Manager is also responsible for providing the correct tools to allow the area to deliver defined and agreed standards and performance measures to support the growth of the business.
- Disciplined delivery of cargo operating procedures at a local level to ensure legislative and operational compliance.
- Coach and support Team Leaders to run the day to day shifts by ensuring that the environment, facilities, systems and materials are available to deliver a smooth and efficient operation.
- Manage team of direct reports including performance management and regular 1-1s.
- Accountable for the health, safety and security of the site whilst on shift to comply with operational and legislative requirements.
- To ensure open communications with a constant feedback loop at all levels.
- To ensure that the unit operates to the highest standards of customer service in order to maximise customer satisfaction.
- To manage data within multiple systems, ensuring a high level of customer service delivery and proactive customer recovery.
- Champion customer experience within the area.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong Customer orientation
- Strong Team player
- Demonstrates resilience
- Ability to make constructive challenge
- Strong people management and coaching skills
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Ability to delegate effectively, agree objectives and hold people accountable for deliver
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build meaningful relationships with colleagues.
Company: British Airways
Vacancy Type: Full time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A