Website Banner Health
This position is responsible for providing support for the daily operations of a department, function, or center to ensure smooth work flow and operations. Responsibilities may include assisting in the management of an essential department function or process, as well as providing administrative and advanced secretarial support as indicated. Acts as a contact for external agencies, and when assigned, as a resource for various departments.
- Performs a broad range of administrative support details on a regular basis, including composing correspondence, typing, filing, scheduling meetings, and maintaining appropriate databases. These details require initiative and judgment to make independent decisions. Maintains high degree of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Assists in department management processes including but not limited to: billing, specialized processes, budgeting, payroll, contract management, credentialing, licensing, accounts payable, and supply ordering.
- Manages an essential department function, process or project which requires a specialized skill set such as budget preparation and monitoring of monthly financial reports for variances. Initiates requests for payments, purchase requisitions, and any additional paperwork related to the various financial matters for the department.
- Responsible for assisting in coordinating, organizing, and preparing approved educational opportunities for relevant department courses.
- Performs administrative and reporting functions related to educational activities.
- Compiles data, maintains all files/records and statistical updates needed to obtain state designation and verification. Coordinates and tracks CMEs, CEUs, and certifications for applicable positions and keeps records as indicated for regulatory agency, designation or verification organization. Participates in preparation for department reviews.
- Coordinates and participates in special projects as assigned. May prepare special reports and summaries that utilize advanced computer skills/software for word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, documents, reports and presentations.
- Interactions may include, but are not limited to, all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, vendors, community providers and agencies.
Must possess a general knowledge of healthcare administration as normally obtained through the completion of an associate’s degree in business, healthcare administration or related field.
Requires a proficient knowledge of clerical and administrative services, education, training, and development as typically demonstrated through five years of experience in a business and/or healthcare environment.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Highly organized and responsive. Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills. Position requires proficiency in personal software applications, including word processing, generating spreadsheets, and creating graphics/presentations.
Company: Banner Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Scottsdale, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A