Avista is seeking a construction focused Project Manager adept in the navigation of internal and external stakeholders for a number of initiatives that involve municipality, agency, and regulatory interests. Utilizing project management tools and methodologies, the successful candidate leads projects from inception to closeout, managing the scope, schedule and cost. The technical complexity, budget, number of internal and external parties involved, and risk to the company (i.e., financial, public reputation) warrant prior demonstrated experience. In this role, projects have a distinct beginning and end. There are typically no direct reports; rather people and other resources are indirectly managed as part of a project team. Jobs in this family are progressive and employees may be promoted to the next level upon meeting the requirements of that level depending on the basis of business need.
- Acquisition and management of Contracted resources including resource performance feedback
- Improves processes and procedures.
- May participate in negotiations with limited guidance as well as formal partnering agreements with other firms.
- Analyzes key performance indicators to improve performance
- Assignments require knowledge of concepts, principles or practices in a specific discipline, field or area of expertise.
- Fundamental understanding of process improvement procedures.
- Requires risk management
- Conducts financial analysis and forecasting of life cycle costs
- Applies and adapts project management techniques
- Requires valid driver’s license
- 5-8 years of related or relevant experience including 3 years of construction or other technical project management experience
- BA/BS in construction management, project management or a related technical field
- Strong working knowledge of hydro plant operations and waterway construction applications
- Develop creative and innovative solutions for project delivery
- Manage a team and personal dynamics to effectively drive projects forward.
- Experience working with Primavera project scheduling software
- Build relationships with internal/ external stakeholders
- Ability to interpret and explain complex business processes and concepts.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Spokane, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A