This is a key role in supporting any technical change that we are making and will require you to be an integral part of Central Platform Engineering, working with multiple teams like Developers, Architecture, Security, Networks, Core Infrastructure and Database Services. You should always be looking to improve our area, never settling for the status quo.
- Identifying anything that you see as tech debt and define a solution.
- Acting as governance/competency when working with one or more development teams. Ensuring they are adhering to standards but more importantly, actively driving your skill in to the teams through such techniques as pairing, brown bag sessions and retrospectives.
- Approving any code ‘pull requests’ from the Platform Engineering and Development communities for enhancements to joint engineering solutions, such as AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service) pipelines, Octopus Deploy templates, Azure policy as code etc…
- Supporting the Upgrades and the Monitoring/Alerting of Central Platform Engineering build and deployment stacks.
- Helping to resolve any Platform Engineering incident support tickets and any general queries posted on the Teams channels.
- Supporting your peers and contributing to the DevOps community
- Helping to champion and drive through alerting and monitoring requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A