Our Fabric team plays a key role in delivering the best product for the ASOS 20-something customer, globally. They are responsible for sourcing raw materials and ensuring that they are fully compliant across all trading markets. The Head of Fabric and Trims is a key leadership role within the Technical function, where you will have the opportunity to lead the team and develop the Fabric strategy. You’ll show a strong understanding of the true cost of fabric and leverage our scale through group negotiation that delivers cost savings, in collaboration with Technical, Sourcing, Buying, Design and Merchandising teams.
- Fabric and yarn level negotiations to deliver cost savings, working in close collaboration with the Commercial teams
- Influencing cross-functional teams on decisions that impact Fabric
- Mapping mills and raw material work to support Fashion with Integrity goals
- Engaging with industry specialists to ensure chemical and company policies are in line with Industry leading standards.
- Development of new fabric trends and innovation of materials, closely working with the commercial teams.
- Consolidation of fabric mills supply base
- Using relevant data and expertise to make judgments and formulate a detailed action plan
- Formulating and delivering sourcing and technical fabric training modules across the business and suppliers, to ensure right first-time fabrics fit for purpose.
- Keeping up to date with new fabric trends and innovation of materials, working closely with other Commercial teams.
- Providing strong leadership and direction to a team of 17 highly skilled specialists and driving their personal development
- Developing the Fabric and Trims strategy, in line with the Commercial and Technical objectives and leading the team to deliver against key milestones
- Maintaining strong market intelligence on fabric pricing, together with regional support
- Attending seasonal buying reviews and costing meetings to standardise fabric quality to reduce variance and improve garment performance.
- Driving fabric self-approvals and ASOS Certified Fabric Technologist to support speed to market
- The ability to translates a vision into a clear set of goals and targets, supporting the team to resolve issues and barriers to progress
- Strong knowledge of testing performance and compliance standards, to ensure that ASOS remains at the forefront of new global legislation
- The ability to build successful networks and partnerships cross-functionally to ensure the sharing of knowledge, best practice and alignment of activity across ASOS teams
- Extensive technical fabric knowledge, with an in-depth awareness of best practice and trends at industry level
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organisational skills and ability to adapt and prioritise
- A proven track record of leading high performing Technical/Fabric teams
- The ability to hit the ground running and take charge of their mandate
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A