The Health Educator I is responsible for participating in delivery of patient education, development of care plan goals / interventions and for performing health coaching for members, for health improvement/wellness programs. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides information to members eligible for Health Promotion/Wellness Programs.
- Conducts assessments to identify individual member knowledge, skills and behavioral needs.
- Identifies and/or coordinates specific health coaching plan needs to address objectives and goals identified during assessments.
- Interfaces with provider and other health professionals to coordinate health coaching plan for the member.
- Implements and/or coordinates coaching and/or care plans by educating members regarding health needs.
- Uses motivational interviewing to facilitate health behavior change.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of interventions and/or health coaching plans and modifies as needed.
- Directs members to facilities, community agencies and appropriate provider/network.
- Refers member to disease management or catastrophic case management.
- Focuses on improving member health by promoting incremental behavior change leading to healthier outcomes.
- Requires BA/BS in appropriate field of specialization; MS preferred.
- 2 years of related experience in direct care health education exercise instruction or patient education.
- Certification or advanced certification and/or license appropriate to field of specialty as preferred.
- or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Prior experience in health coaching wellness/disease management in a call center environment and/or patient education and behavior change techniques and strong understanding of disease management principles is preferred.
- Residency in the State of Norfolk, VA is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Troy, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A