Website American Airlines
The Sr. Network Security Engineer, IT Network Delivery Program Services is responsible for the technical leadership, execution and delivery of next generation software defined infrastructure; firewall technologies, intrusion detection/prevention technologies, micro-segmentation, SD-WAN, VPN, other data center technologies and continuous process improvements.
- Provides well-considered counsel to leadership and other business service leaders on the strategic two to three-year technology roadmap for all software defined technologies.
- Functions as a technical change agent and influences product direction in order to increase IT business value and simplicity
- Presents innovate forward thinking concepts and technology to improve business processes
- Install and configure Cisco ISE for wireless authentication.
- Install and configure B2b tunnels on Palo Alto firewalls for site to site VPN.
- Contributes to our positive, team-oriented culture by developing and maintaining cooperative relationships, facilitating the resolution of conflicts, and accepting and providing constructive feedback
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling automation, orchestration, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Serves as an advocate for business stakeholders into IT and helps evangelize the role of network engineering technology back to the business
- Senior Level experience with Data Center infrastructure solutions: VPN, Cisco (Route and Switch), Palo Alto (FW + IDS/IPS functions),Trend Micro DSM (Micro-segmentation) – host based firewall.
- Python or Java experience is preferred.
- Experience presenting key, strategic technical details to Senior Leadership
- 5 years of experience in a Network Security environment working with firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS3 years of experience in delivering Software Defined Infrastructure, leveraging automation, orchestration, scripting technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- Experience working with Agile project management methodologies and tools
- Experience with migrations of Cisco firewalls to Palo Alto using Expedition.
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A