We’re looking for an Applied Scientist Manager to lead a cross-functional team in developing novel techniques (e.g. deep neural network architectures) and deploying them to production toward our end goal of reducing the friction customers feel when Alexa doesn’t understand a user’s spoken question or when it requires repeating or rephrasing to get an answer. The ideal candidate has the requisite background and experience in building high-performing, collaborative teams. This person is versed in cutting-edge research and has an eye for hiring and developing talent.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent publication record in NLP and ML at well-known conferences
- 5+ years of people management experience
- PhD in Computer Science or Computational Linguistics
- A passion for Alexa, voice-forward technology, and languages
- Fluent in a scripting language (e.g. Python) and competent in a development language (e.g. Java).
- PhD/Masters in a technical field
- Ability to communicate crisply in writing and speech to any audience
- Strong bias for action with a “get it done” attitude
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cambridge, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A