As a Data Engineer, you will start by analyzing and automating the processes for collection, standardization, cleaning, analysis, and storage of data used to train and test models for Kendra (intelligent search). You will collaborate with language engineers, linguists, applied scientists and program managers to define requirements and arrive at scalable and maintainable solutions. You will build in mechanisms to ensure data security and integrity. You will understand the context of requirements and the perspectives of stakeholders, and this will enable you to use your judgment in making technical trade-offs. Your creativity in applying your strong technical skills, your ability to communicate effectively, and your dedication to delivering results will have a strong positive impact on the team and on the quality of the Kendra product.
- Be a pioneer creating data pipelines, warehouses and dashboards that will scale and allow large volumes of data to flow fluently between internal and external teams.
- Work closely with engineers, scientists, and linguists specialized in AI data collection to improve and automate the end-to-end data collection workflow holistically.
- Develop software for optimizing data annotation, data processing, and data metrics generation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Hands on experience with building data pipelines
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, Software Engineer, or a similar role
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Hands on experience working on large-scale data science/data analytics projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Familiar with machine learning and NLP concepts
- Experience working with natural language data, in multiple languages
- Experience in cloud data engineering in AWS stack
- Experience applying software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operation
- Experience in developing production-ready code in Python
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A