Our Technical Account Managers partner with some of the most iconic businesses in the country. These range from rising startups building their business from scratch through to large enterprises going through significant transformation. You’ll provide advice on architecture, support strategy, project, and launch planning as well as ongoing operational issues.
- Consult with a range of partners from developers through to C-suite executives
- With a bias for action, you’ll proactively find opportunities for customers to gain additional value from AWS
- You’ll build solutions, provide technical guidance and advocate for the customer
- Using your technical acumen and customer obsession, you’ll drive technical discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs, and risk management
- Ensure AWS environments remain operationally healthy whilst reducing cost and complexity
- Uplift customer capabilities by running workshops, brown bag sessions, etc.
- Collaborate with AWS Solutions Architects, Business Developers, Professional Services Consultants, and Sales Account Managers
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning
- Develop trusting relationships with customers, understanding their business needs and technical challenges
- Solve a variety of problems across different customers as they migrate their workloads to the cloud
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer, Developer, DevOps Engineer etc.
- Understanding of DevOps practices and tools, including: Continuous Integration / Deployment, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef etc.
- Experience in a similar role as a Technical Account Manager, Consultant, Solutions Architect, Platform Engineer, Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect etc.
- Customer obsessed
- Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience with the ability to clearly articulate to small and large audiences
- Programming or scripting skills with a combination of Java, Python Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP
- Professional experience with AWS and/or other cloud offerings such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.
- Ability to juggle tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Understand operational parameters and troubleshooting for a combination of the following: Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, Applications Development
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A