Our team is seeking a self-driven BIE with broad technical and data management skills who will identify and onboard new data sources, conduct analytics using SQL and Python, and build lightweight tools and methods for others to replicate and scale their work. You should have expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. Your solutions are testable, maintainable, and mindful of resource usage. You should be able to apply statistical methods (e.g. regression) to difficult business problems and understand these methods’ assumptions and limitations. You will need excellent business and communication skills to work with product managers and business owners on ambiguous problems in a fast paced environment to develop and define key business questions and requirements.
- Ensure that decisions are based on the merit of their unbiased analytical results, not the proposer. Stay “true to the data”.
- Use advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems
- Understand data resources and know how, when, and which to use (and which not to use)
- Continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect data. Find a solution around the problem that still maintains a high analytical bar. You do not suffer from “analysis paralysis”.
- Communicate analysis results and techniques, both verbally and in writing, clearly and confidently to peers and business partners.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting/analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Write quality code to retrieve and analyze data
- Develop pragmatic analyses and choose applicable solutions that add value to the business area
- Develop methods and metrics that provide insights to product teams and business owners
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in leading complex large scale analytical solution implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
- Experience building measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions
- Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
- 3+ years hands-on analytics work experience, with proven quantitative orientation.
- Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS Redshift, S3, Hadoop, etc.
- Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field
- 5+ years of industry experience working as a BIE or related specialty
- Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irvine, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A