Amazon’s Global Risk Management and Claims team is seeking an Insurance Risk Analyst to assist with the development and management of Amazon’s Casualty & Cyber insurance programs, including supporting global insurance program management (General Liability, Foreign Liability, Workers Compensation, Auto Liability, and other insurance programs), global contract review, and implementing risk management tools and techniques for new and existing business initiatives. Additionally, the risk analyst will manage the insurance programs for some Amazon owned subsidiaries. The Risk Analyst will coordinate and leverage a network of partners to scale department support globally by engaging with operations, finance, and legal teams.
- Assist Risk Manager with risk assessments and mitigation.
- Manage premium invoice payment process and administration brokers and carriers.
- Establish data, metrics and benchmarking through multiple sources to evaluate loss trends and cost of risk to prioritize resources. (e.g. RMIS, actuarial reports, and broker data)
- Assist Risk Manager on collection and review of necessary legal documents and exposure information for insurance placements, renewals, audits, forecasting, and allocation purposes.
- Assist in developing business proposals and case studies for presentation to senior leaders.
- Assist with management of carrier accounts in the vendor management system.
- Identify, communicate, and champion process improvement opportunities.
- Provide risk management consultation and guidance to internal customers.
- Partner with internal stakeholders on insurance program changes, retentions, and exposures.
- Utilize the Risk Management Information System (RMIS) to manage exposures and policies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with employees and outside partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others’ perspectives.
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPCU/ARM) + relevant experience
- Hands on, results driven with strong project management skills.
- Collaborative, seeks to build a community of resources to solve complex insurance puzzles.
- Intellectually strong and highly analytical, with ability to use data to drive desired results and support intelligent risk taking
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital.
- Ability to develop and foster strategic relationships, working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, bridging divisional, regional, and hierarchical gaps.
- Ability to challenge status quo and drive change where appropriate. Thrives on change, pace, action and accountability, and can adjust to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of corporate risk transfer mechanisms, including risk transfer, captives and alternative risk techniques.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arlington, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A