Alexa Games is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to join a small, early stage team for a new strategic initiative focused on the intersection of Alexa, video games, and gaming consoles. You will be on the team responsible for advancing our journey to make Alexa more useful for video gamers. You are passionate about the gaming space. You are at-ease solving problems and earn trust with your teammates as you do. You are a team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them and have a track record of delivering on time and on spec and in support of complex technical systems.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Develop and execute automated tests and test plans
- Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Effectively execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
- Ensure the highest quality product delivery, working with a team of quality engineering professionals
- Finding, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Evaluate and integrate in-house developed tools
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience creating status reports based on automation results
- 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in automation testing
- Experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to present quality/test data, read business data, negotiate on the scope of test coverage/timing/resources, and to actively pull business requirements out of data/partners and distill them to test/risk strategy.
- Experienced in coordinating test activities among multiple teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A