As members of E2M’s Health and Escalation Management team, we work to keep customers informed and moving forward when they are facing challenges using AWS’ products and services. We are responsible for driving critical customer problems to resolution, ensuring the right internal “Owners” are engaged to assist us and act as an advocate for the customer. We ensure customers are proactively informed of changes or impact to the AWS resources the customer is using in their operation, ensuring communications are clear and beneficial to the customer experience. Because of our unique role as Escalation Engineers, we have limitless exposure to all things AWS, including numerous leading edge technologies.
- Deliver planned operational communications to customers in accordance with AWS communication tenets and style guides
- Partner with AWS Service Teams to craft communications, helping to identify and remove technical ambiguity
- Design, build, or collaborate on solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on human intervention
- Drive critical, complex customer escalations in situations that are sometimes technically challenging in collaboration with Engineering Teams.
- Provide clear, concise and timely communication on work items to relevant internal stakeholders
- Other duties as required by the organization
- Build a broad understanding of AWS services, service inter-dependencies and customer use cases to improve the customer experience and operational excellence
- Facilitating post mortems of operational failures, implementing corrective actions and identifying improvement opportunities for existing processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Open to working alternative hours (i.e. 7am-3pm or 10am-6pm), including some weekends and holidays as required
- Tertiary qualification/Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Candidates that have been most successful after joining our team have demonstrated capabilities in one or more of these areas:
- Experience in Support Engineering, Customer Escalations, Technical Communications, or similar IT role
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Familiarity with Cloud services with a focus on high availability and fault tolerant design
- Demonstrated proficiency with Systems (Windows/Linux) and Networking concepts
- 4+ years of experience in technical operations or support focused on cloud infrastructure
- Industry specific accredited certification(s) such as the AWS Associate level certifications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A